The office of Budget & Financial Planning provides budget, financial planning, and analysis functions for Western Washington University. The office reports directly to the Vice President of Business and Financial Affairs and works closely with a wide variety of offices at Western to provide budget, financial planning, and analysis functions to the University.
What we do
- Develop and implement policies governing resource allocation
- Analyze budgets from the state Governor, House, and Senate
- Recommend strategies relating to legislative funding requests
- Assist in planning, producing, and monitoring biennial and annual budgets for the university
- Provide financial planning and analysis at the institutional level
- Serve as the primary resource for state executive and legislative offices
- Monitor compliance with budget policies
- Work to ensure budget resources are planned, allocated, and expended in support of Western's strategic goals
News & Updates
A new Budget Proposal Archive Library has been developed in SharePoint for all members of the WWU community to view past proposal submissions and funding outcomes.
The FY21-23 budget recommendation is available for view and comment.
The 2021-23 Conference Budget has been released. View BFP's conference budget analysis and summary.
The 2021-23 House and Senate Proposed Budgets have been released. View BFP's house/senate budget analysis and summary.
The 2021-23 Governor's Proposed Budget has been released! View BFP's analysis.
The 2021-23 State Biennial Operating Budget Request has been submitted and can be viewed.
The FY21 Operating Budget Recommendation is available. Read and comment on the document.
Read the latest updates and information regarding the FY21-23 Decision Packages.
The Enacted 2020 Supplemental Budget was signed on 4/3/2020. Budget and Financial Planning's analysis is posted.