The office of Budget & Financial Planning provides budget, financial planning, and analysis functions for Western Washington University. The office reports directly to the Vice President of Business and Financial Affairs and works closely with a wide variety of offices at Western to provide budget, financial planning, and analysis functions to the University.
What we do
- Develop and implement policies governing resource allocation
- Analyze budgets from the state Governor, House, and Senate
- Recommend strategies relating to legislative funding requests
- Assist in planning, producing, and monitoring biennial and annual budgets for the university
- Provide financial planning and analysis at the institutional level
- Serve as the primary resource for state executive and legislative offices
- Monitor compliance with budget policies
- Work to ensure budget resources are planned, allocated, and expended in support of Western's strategic goals
News & Updates
- We have materials posted to complete FY21 Emergent Budget Proposals available on our website here.
- The Governor's Proposed 2020 Supplemental Budget was released on 12/18/2019. The Budget Office's analysis of the budget proposal is posted here.
- The governor signed the state's 2019-21 biennial budget bill on 5/21/2019. Now that state appropriations are finalized the 2019-21 Operating Budget Recommendations for Western are posted here. The campus community will be able to leave comments on the Budget Forum regarding the recommendation.
- The Legislature has passed a compromise budget and passed a bill that provides a new funding source for higher education. Read the Budget Office's analysis here.