The office of Budget & Financial Planning provides budget, financial planning, and analysis functions for Western Washington University. The office reports directly to the Vice President of Business and Financial Affairs and works closely with a wide variety of offices at Western to provide budget, financial planning, and analysis functions to the University.
What we do
- Develop and implement policies governing resource allocation
- Analyze budgets from the state Governor, House, and Senate
- Recommend strategies relating to legislative funding requests
- Assist in planning, producing, and monitoring biennial and annual budgets for the university
- Provide financial planning and analysis at the institutional level
- Serve as the primary resource for state executive and legislative offices
- Monitor compliance with budget policies
- Work to ensure budget resources are planned, allocated, and expended in support of Western's strategic goals
News & Updates
- The 2021-23 House and Senate Proposed Budgets have been released. View BFP's analysis and summary.
- The 2021-23 Governor's Proposed Budget has been released! View BFP's analysis.
- The 2021-23 State Biennial Operating Budget Request has been submitted and can be viewed here.
- The FY21 Operating Budget Recommendation is available. Read and comment on the document here.
- Read the latest updates and information regarding the FY21-23 Decision Packages here.
- The Enacted 2020 Supplemental Budget was signed on 4/3/2020. Budget and Financial Planning's analysis is posted here.