Overview of 2022-2023 Projects
To support budgeting and financial stewardship activities, SMB has a suite of projects for 2022-2023 that:
- Simplify the process for requesting additional funding
- Provide comprehensive information about institutional resources
- Improve understanding of budgeting and forecasting principles and best practices
- Deliver tools for budget planning and early identification of problems
- Develop a process that aligns hiring and funding for all positions
For more information on current projects, click the project profile below.
Improvements to Western's budget proposal process were introduced in 2021-2022 to streamline the budget development process, align the process with institutional priority areas, and use clear criteria for evaluating proposals against the University's strategic goals.
A series of three projects, Management Reporting, Financial Stewardship Seminars, and a Recruitment and Position Control Process review, that collectively provide the information and tools needed for deans and directors to more easily understand and manage budgets, human resources, and minimize institutional risk through improved controls.
A review of the University's internal Administrative Services Assessment fee charged to some revenue-generating units and an opportunity for sustainable improvements.
SMB developed an, annual comprehensive report of financial activities and trends beginning with FY 2021. The Financial Review will be an on-going publication and campus resource that explains Western's annual fiscal activities.